anecdotes

I think my best friend is the funniest person I know. She may be the next Chelsea Handler, but brunette and not Jewish. I've told her I'll be her Chuy, because I'm short and can just sit on the side and laugh at her. I've decided to share our personal conversations with you so that you can get a little laughter, too. And so that I can make her famous one day.

*Ladies and gentlemen: the stories you are about to hear are true. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Boyfriend Wants A Unicorn

So, my financially irresponsible boyfriend wants a puppy. (OF COURSE he does because I just got a puppy, and in typical twin/middle child fashion, he has to have one too).

Mind you, he just got a good job remodeling a house, before he was out of work for a couple of months. So what does he want to do with the hard earned money. Buy a puppy. Even though he already has a dog (who by the way hates other dogs and nearly killed mine). Instead of taking the $200 extra dollars and putting it towards a phone bill, or savings account, or car note, or vet bill, or diesel fuel to visit me. He wants to buy a puppy. "You can't take it with you when you die" he likes to say. Yes you can't take it with you when you die, but who wants to die homeless because you failed to save enough money to purchase a home.

Onto this puppy. It is a White Golden Retriever. To hear him talk about it one would assume they were going extinct, like the White Tiger, White Alligator, White Elephant, or White People even. He talks about it as though a dog gave birth to a unicorn in Philadelphia, Mississippi.

I'm disgusted.
 

1 comment: