anecdotes

I think my best friend is the funniest person I know. She may be the next Chelsea Handler, but brunette and not Jewish. I've told her I'll be her Chuy, because I'm short and can just sit on the side and laugh at her. I've decided to share our personal conversations with you so that you can get a little laughter, too. And so that I can make her famous one day.

*Ladies and gentlemen: the stories you are about to hear are true. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Look Up

Dear DJ,
This is my second to last Monday of work and that fact is single-handedly getting me through the next two weeks. I am letting my students paint wrapped ceiling tiles as their last project. Because A.) I don't have to hear them bitch about not liking the assignment because they get to pick whatever they want to draw and paint and B.) it keeps them quiet because if I hear one of them call bisque, a biscuit or the kiln a kennel one more time I am going to lose my mind. So to sum it up I will have nothing but sports players, cars, and cartoon characters all over my classroom ceiling for the next year. One student is painting a beach scene. That tile will be placed right over my deck so I can look up and escape to tropical paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment